Thursday, December 2, 2010

Thanksgiving

This year we had a relatively small group for Thanksgiving dinner. There was my parents, my Grandpa, my sister Shilo, my brother Cole, and Jarod and Sawyer and I. My other brothers joined us later that day/evening. For dinner we actually sat at the table, something we haven't done in years! Mostly because there are too many of us to fit now. Dinner was delicious! (As usual) I was in charge of the sweet potatoes, and I rocked it! They were very yummy, no canned 'yams' for us this year!
I was super tired on Thanksgiving though and I didn't even take all of the pictures that I wanted to.
In fact this was the only picture that was taken that day. Its a terrible picture of me, I was SO tired! Its a super cute one of Sawyer though! Sad that this is the only one from that day but at least I got one of Sawyer. That's the important one to photograph anyway, right?
Oh and I love pie. I ate WAY too much of it! But it was worth it and of course, that is what Thanksgiving is all about! I know that is cliché but I don't really care. J
I love my family and I am so thankful for them!

Little side note: I have decided that it doesn't matter what you call them, sweet potatoes or yams. Technically they are sweet potatoes and that is what I will continue to call them, but "yams" is recognized in North America as the orange flesh tuberous root vegetable. And I don't actually know anyone who eats the lighter flesh yams.


2 comments:

  1. Sawyer looks so mad that we did this to him!! Hahaha I love it!

    ReplyDelete